Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
We're hiring a Senior Go Engineer to be a part of one of our core teams building the backend for Openly's insurance platform. You will play an essential role in designing, building, testing, and maintaining the services and technology that power our insurance offering and customer experiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop the core systems and create APIs that power our best in class user experiences
- Integrate with external services to manage payments, documents, and claims
- Integrate with data providers to source real-time information on hundreds of data points, including property characteristics and risk profiles
- Collaborate on architectural discussions with your team
- Contribute to significant architectural and operational decisions like microservices vs. monoliths, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, etc.
- Build out our internal tooling and APIs to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer.
- Provide subject matter expertise, mentorship, and support to individuals on your team
- Implement systemic changes to align existing systems with current architectural goals
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly 1:1's, and biweekly retros
- 4+ years of professional/production experience developing back-end web-stack applications
- Sustained track record of creating improvements in business-critical systems around stability, performance, and scalability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complete systems from start to finish in a reasonable time frame
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as an ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Frontend: Browser-based, VueJS, Webpack, Nuxt, & Tailwind
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud, specifically GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use GitLab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines.
- Remote work tools: Slack, Zoom, Gather.Town, Donut
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.