Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why
- It's working. We're in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google's "Gradient" AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is building an advanced claims organization leveraging technology and experienced property claims professionals to build a best-in-class end-to-end customer experience. This role is a remote-only position, and applicants must have an adequate working environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information
- Can create estimates and review losses up to $500,000
End to end property claims handling to include:
- Provide superior customer service
- Investigation and coverage analysis
- Complete estimates using CoreLogic estimating software
- Adhering to estimating best practices
- Manage and collaborate with vendor partners
- Determine appropriate method of inspection
- Conduct virtual inspections (video, AI, etc.)
- Examines potential subrogation and identifies potential fraudulent issues.
- Prepares and maintains file documentation
- Negotiate settlement of claims with insureds, claimants, and vendors. Discussing and giving updates to insureds, claimants, agents, and leadership throughout the process
- Provide input and ideas for continuous process improvement
- 10+ years of property claims experience handling large complex losses in excess of $100,000
- 10+ years in customer service and conflict resolution
- Must be able and eligible to acquire an adjuster license in all required states and maintain it as a condition of continued employment
- Estimating experience in Xactimate, CoreLogic (Symbility), or a similar platform
- Experience working independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Innovative Mindset and Continuous Improvement
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Must be tech-savvy as high-end technology tools will be used for adjusting (virtual inspections, estimating, etc.)
- We are a rapidly growing company, and with growth comes change. Candidates must be comfortable with constant change, adaptability, and flexibility
- Have experience and are comfortable working with public adjusters and attorneys
- Must have experience with formal claim handling to include proof of loss, reservation of rights, etc
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a startup company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the "work-from-anywhere" mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.