Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
We’re hiring a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to be a part of our team to build the technology infrastructure for Openly's insurance platform. You will play a critical role in designing, building, testing, and maintaining the infrastructure and the overall technology ecosystem that power our insurance products and customer experiences.
- Lead technical initiatives
- Spend a lot of time head-down in the details
- Proactively identify challenges, opportunities, and solutions with your team.
- Consistently reduce complexity
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, processes, etc.
- Building internal tooling to help other engineers and the rest of the company understand and operate our system
- Designing and implementing security best practices for our team and infrastructure
- Reducing toil through automation, including building and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure
- Building infrastructure as code using declarative provisioning tools
- Developing high signal-to-noise ratio monitoring and alerting policies and technology to help us meet our SLOs
- Leading incident response and postmortems
- Participate in daily stands, weekly 1:1's, and biweekly retros
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g., promote best practices and mentor devs who want to learn from you)
- 8+ years of professional/production experience developing and using infrastructure automation tools and techniques
- Sustained track record of creating improvements in business-critical systems around stability, performance, and scalability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complete systems from start to finish in a reasonable time frame
- You understand the consequences of running software in production and are willing to share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Ability to explain complex technical challenges to non-technical audiences
- You're proficient in Go
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Frontend: Browser-based, VueJS, Webpack, Nuxt, & Tailwind
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Dev hardware: Macbook pro's
- We're actively breaking up our monolith into microservices...
- Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud. We use GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use GitLab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines.
- Remote work tools: Slack, Zoom, VSCode, Gather.Town, and Donut
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “Work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.