Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why
- It's working. We're in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google's "Gradient" AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is looking to hire a passionate, dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced Senior Technical Recruiter who can help meet the hiring needs of our fast-growing business. In this role, you will use a consultative approach to build relationships with our engineering and technology leaders, strategically source talent, and ensure a world-class candidate experience throughout the entire recruiting process.
You will bring creativity and best practices to engage and hire diverse candidates, central to Openly's values. This role is part of the People Operations Team and will report to our Senior Director of Talent Acquisition.
- Identify and attract the most qualified and diverse talent for our open engineering requisitions.
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a world-class candidate experience
- Partner with hiring managers to facilitate the entire recruitment process, from opening a search through offer extension
- Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills/attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing/assessments, and sourcing tactics.
- Source candidates using various methods and tools, including employee referrals, company career site, social media, job boards, associations/user groups, and university alumni resources
- Assess candidates to evaluate their skills and understand their motivation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of hiring processes and procedures, employer branding, onboarding, and organizational planning that will allow the company to scale effectively
- Be an ambassador for Openly's unique culture
- Influence and educate hiring teams on interviewing best practices and skills
- Find new and innovative ways to engage with the best talent.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10+years of focused full-cycle recruiting, with a majority of that experience being in the recruitment of engineers and technologists
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate delicate and confidential information
- A track record of negotiating and navigating compensation conversations (including equity)
- Experience working with multiple hiring managers to identify and develop tailored job descriptions and recruitment strategies
- Track record of creatively sourcing and hiring talent in a geographically dispersed organization
- Comfortable working in a remote environment
- Exceptional judgment capabilities and relationship management skills
- Attentive to detail and well-organized; ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong influencing, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver a compelling story to prospective candidates
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a startup company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the "work-from-anywhere" mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.