Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
The Openly claims team relies heavily on vendors for technology and adjusting claims. Proper oversight and accountability of the vendors is critical to our success in expense management, adjusting efficiency, and the customer experience. The ideal candidate is highly skilled in claims processes, workload management, analytics reporting, and coaching and influencing others that do not report directly to them. This role requires a process-minded, self-motivated, high-energy individual who can efficiently function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
- Capacity Management
- Overall management of daily claims in-take and assignment process, including analysis of vendor usage
- Assist in the creation of an efficient dispatch process; including claim segmentation and catastrophe planning
- Manage vendor relationships, resolve problems and streamline processes
- Hold vendors accountable for SLAs and Quality
- Billing Review
- Perform periodic quality reviews
- Identify and analyze trends with defined KPIs
- Provide feedback and assist in coaching vendor behavior
- Ensure we are providing unparalleled Customer and Agent Experience with proper KPIs and reporting
- At least five (5) years of P&C claims experience (preferably property claims)
- At least two (2) years of managing or working closely with claims vendors
- Proven leadership skills, including direct or indirect problem-solving skills
- Experience with coaching and feedback
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; strategic thinking
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of an organization
- Experience with program and project management (preferred)
- Four (4) year is degree required
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.