Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Actuarial Analyst to join the Product Management actuarial function. You will leverage the latest technologies to automate and drive profitability through pricing management. Reporting through the Senior Actuarial Manager of Pricing, this highly visible role offers the opportunity to work with individuals in the Product Management group and cross-functional to mobilize solutions quickly. This role requires a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can efficiently function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Drive state expansion by developing rating models, developing other product pricing models, and supporting DOI inquiries
- Develop product analytics capabilities to enrich understanding of Product Profitability. Operationalize insights.
- Produce formal actuarial deliverables as needed (rate indications, amendments to rating plan, reinsurance analysis, loss modeling, etc.)
- Partner with Reporting to efficiently and effectively communicate relevant metrics and insights across the organization
- Continuously test and adopt newly available tools/capabilities to improve the scale and rigor of our actuarial capabilities
3+ years of experience in insurance pricing and modeling with significant experience in personal lines insurance pricing
- Progress made towards ACAS/FCAS designations
- Advanced SQL skills
- Python, R, or BigQuery familiarity and interest to learn
- Ability to identify and define complex business problems and develop relevant analytical frameworks to deliver solutions, often operating in ambiguity and leveraging creativity
- Strong communication and project management skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- Strong decision-making skills
- Homeowners insurance experience is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.