Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
Openly is hiring a Senior Director of Insurance Product Management to lead our state expansion efforts on the Insurance Product & Underwriting team. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this senior leader will drive all aspects of our insurance product management function. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Drive the countrywide rollout of Openly’s homeowners insurance product, including coordination of product development, pricing, forms, compliance, underwriting, risk selection, and regulatory approval
- Partner with Product Research, Engineering, and Operations to successfully launch our product and implement new features
- Utilize data and analytics to monitor the product post-launch, identify areas for improvement, and uncover new opportunities
- Play a key role in developing and implementing state and countrywide strategic plans
- Manage data vendor relationships and explore new mechanisms to optimize our decision algorithms and pricing
- Collaborate across the organization to drive new product design and development (e.g., auto, umbrella)
- Shape and lead the insurance product management team
- 10+ years in personal lines P&C insurance product management roles with increasing responsibility and leadership
- Significant experience working with state-level insurance regulators and a deep understanding of personal lines compliance risks
- Excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels of the company
- Track record of strong decision-making skills and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A passion for leadership, coaching, and developing talent
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts, and monthly remote stipend
- Fun, high-energy startup environment, remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.