Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
We are seeking an experienced Insurance Product Manager to help drive our national project management and product development efforts. Reporting to a Sr. Manager of Insurance Product Management, this highly visible role offers the opportunity to lead key insurance product management initiatives and interact with business leaders across Technology and Operations Teams. This role requires a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can efficiently function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
- Leading project management of critical national product initiatives, including new product development, insurance product compliance, and state product launches
- Assisting with rate filings and DOI correspondence to ensure timely regulatory approval
- Collaborating with our Technology and Operations teams to successfully implement and launch the product in new states
- Analyzing key performance indicators and drivers of profitability, including loss ratios, actuarial indications, frequency/severity trends, sales conversion, persistency, and other data as we continue to grow our geographic footprint
- Leading other product management initiatives, such as external data evaluations, market/competitor intelligence, and new product development
- 3-5 years of combined experience in insurance product management, project management, and/or product development roles
- A degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, Statistics, or similar study
- Solid technical (SQL) and analytical skills, capable of developing quantitative analyses through data manipulation
- Ability to identify and define complex business problems and develop relevant analytical frameworks to deliver solutions, often operating in ambiguity and leveraging creativity
- Strong communication and project management skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- Strong decision-making skills
- P&C insurance experience is required, and homeowners insurance experience is a plus
- Insurance product compliance and/or state launch experience is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.