Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why
- It's working. We're in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google's "Gradient" AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is seeking an experienced Property Claims Manager. The position is a frontline leadership role directly managing adjusters and processors. This role requires a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can efficiently function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information
- Can lead and drive KPI's in a rapidly changing environment
- Directly manage adjusters and processors
- Hire and Train new employees
- Provide direction and authority on claim handling
- Provide coaching and feedback
- Identify process gaps, opportunities, and solutions
- Drive Key Performance Indicators (NPS, Cycle Time, Expenses, Severities, Estimating Accuracy, etc.)
- Perform File Reviews (process and estimating)
- Cross-functional collaboration and teamwork
- Vendor oversight
- Drive continuous improvement through root cause problem-solving techniques
- At least 3-5 years of claims leadership experience
- At least 10 years property claims experience
- Strong claims coverage and property estimating skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with coaching and feedback to employees and peers
- Experience with development and performance management of frontline employees
- Must be eligible to obtain adjuster licenses in required states
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a startup company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the "work-from-anywhere" mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.