Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
Openly is hiring a Project Manager to join the Operations team. This position will work closely with the Operations Leadership team to drive key projects across sales, agent service, claims, marketing, strategy and shared service functions. This position reports to the VP of Insurance Strategy & Operations and will help build Openly’s project management process from the ground up.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is energized and excited about working as part of the early stages of an insurtech startup company. This candidate will also really enjoy problem solving and working with a variety of internal teams. Opportunities to join a team like this don’t come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever growing team!
- Lead the prioritization process for Openly’s operations organization by working closely with leadership to understand and communicate tradeoffs.
- Lead problem-solving activities to define issues, assess current state root causes, challenge assumptions, and design and test solutions.
- Manage project plans, risks, resources, deliverables, and stakeholders. Examples include launching new products, rolling out new partnerships, automating processes, etc.
- Support the implementation of all operational initiatives by partnering with business leaders and technology team members on execution.
- Monitor the success of initiative implementation, partner with leaders to adjust plans as needed.
- Support VP of Insurance Strategy & Operations on planning and design phases of large strategic projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with 5+ years of professional experience with a focus on project management. Insurance experience preferred.
- Consulting and/or strategic planning a plus.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and inquisitive, proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- History of teamwork and collaboration across various functions to identity opportunities and resolve challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships across all levels of the organization.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts and monthly remote stipend
- Fun, high-energy startup environment, remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.