Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is looking to build out its financial reporting and controls team. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and implement best practices in accounting, reporting, and controls functions. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high-growth company and prior experience building an accounting group. Although this is a leadership role, this person will be hands-on in all aspects, responsible for the day-to-day functions of the accounting department. Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for financial reporting, which includes the accounting and preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements in US GAAP and Statutory basis and internal financial reporting dashboard and presentations.
- Responsible for management of tax and audit deliverables.
- Oversee accounting operations and close processes, including reconciliations, consolidations, accrual processes, and cash accounting.
- Responsible for the implementation of a new general ledger supporting the growth aspirations of the organization.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies, regulations, and laws.
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drives continuous improvement
- Provide guidance and accounting insights for highly complex transactional activities and other vital projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 5-7 years of related experience
- Experience in the insurance industry required, both GAAP and Statutory Reporting
- CPA required
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite and GL applications
- Proven track record of leadership and building accounting functions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.