Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
Openly is hiring a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Product team. This position will work closely with the broader Product team to support monthly external reporting, build KPI data and visualizations, automate existing manual processes, standardize metrics, and help develop innovative data solutions to complex problems. Additionally, the position will provide ad-hoc reporting and data support for all facets of the company. This position reports to the Reporting & Analytics Manager and will help build Openly’s reporting strategy from the ground up.
- Support internal company reporting and external reporting for carrier partners
- Build out BigQuery views & tables to function as “one source of the truth.”
- Develop KPI dashboards by gathering requirements, building data, crafting visualizations, and providing ongoing support & maintenance
- Act as a subject matter expert on Openly’s data, assist and support all facets of the company in defining and providing accurate and timely data
- Partner with the engineering team to assist in impact analysis when core database components change, triage, and deploy necessary changes for reporting
- Produce coherent documentation and identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Act as a steward of data governance, version control, and reporting best practices
- Build and maintain clean input datasets for the data scientists to perform advanced modeling on
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with 2 or more years of professional experience in business intelligence, reporting, analysis, and/or data management
- Advanced SQL skills a must
- Demonstrated ability consolidating data from multiple sources and building production-ready data streams
- Experience building dashboards with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, GDS, Looker, RShiny, etc
- Experience with GIT or other version control
- Python/R/Go experience a plus
- Google Cloud, especially BigQuery & Cloud Functions, experience a plus.
- Attention to detail, ability to test data for accuracy with little oversight
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and inquisitive, proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity to learn new tools and technologies while adhering to best practices
- History of teamwork and collaboration across various functions to identify opportunities and resolve challenges.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts, and monthly remote stipend
- Fun, high-energy startup environment, remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm.
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.