Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is hiring a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Corporate Development & Strategy team. This position will work with cutting-edge data & analytics tools to build a world-class, highly scalable infrastructure. More specifically, this position will work with the enterprise to support monthly external reporting, build KPI “single source of truth” data and visualizations, automate existing manual processes, standardize metrics, and help develop innovative data solutions to complex problems. This position will help build Openly’s BI & reporting strategy from the ground up.
- Support internal company reporting and external reporting for carrier partners
- Work with cutting-edge cloud technologies to build out data sources for the enterprise - helping to create the foundation of our data model designs.
- Develop KPI dashboards by gathering requirements, building data, crafting visualizations, and providing ongoing support & maintenance
- Incorporate & clean new data sources to drive business insights & actions
- Act as a subject matter expert on Openly’s data, assist and support all facets of the company in defining and providing accurate and timely data
- Partner with the engineering team to evaluate new tools & technologies to ensure solutions scale as the business grows
- Produce coherent documentation and identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Act as a steward of data governance, version control, and reporting best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with 5 or more years of professional experience in business intelligence, reporting, analysis, and data management
- Advanced SQL skills a must
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate data from multiple sources and build production-ready data streams
- Experience building dashboards with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, DataStudio, Looker, RShiny, etc
- Experience with GIT or other version control
- Google Cloud, especially BigQuery & Cloud Functions, experience a plus.
- Attention to detail & high accuracy
- Ability to problem solve & move projects forward autonomously
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and inquisitive, proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity to learn new tools and technologies and developing best practices
- History of teamwork and collaboration across various functions to identify opportunities and resolve challenges
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “Work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.