Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why
- It's working. We're in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google's "Gradient" AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
As Openly grows, we will need to conduct more and more design research to build better products. The explorations of launching new insurance products require a product designer with a strong UX research focus. You'll get to plan, conduct and synthesize research as well as concept design solutions that meet the needs of our Agents and customers.
While this role will be research-focused, there is an opportunity to work across the design stack, creating prototype concepts and UI refinements for a variety of our products.
- Plan, conduct, synthesize and present user research across many initiatives.
- Translate research-derived insights into product design concepts using Figma, our chosen design tool
- Establish best practices in user research at Openly
- Contribute to and maintain our design system, Kudo
- Five or more years of experience working in agile environments as a user researcher or designer
- Ability to partner cross-functionally with business, product management, operations, and engineering teams
- Can communicate large, complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Differentiates an approach to agile design versus a waterfall process
- Understands the dangers of perfection; finds the right level of delight to deliver value to various stakeholders.
- Cares deeply about delivering a delightful user experience
- You understand that system-wide changes impact more than just designers and engineers. You understand how to communicate those changes
- Manages tradeoffs between system-level designs and point-specific solutions
- Strong facilitation skills with asking, giving, and receiving design critique from a variety of stakeholders
- A curious learner and team player who loves achieving shared goals
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a regulated industry such as insure-tech or fin-tech
- Experience with mobile app design patterns and guidelines
- Designing with animation
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a startup company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the "work-from-anywhere" mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.