Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient”
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is hiring a Compliance Analyst to support our compliance function. Reporting to the Sr. Compliance Manager, this Compliance Analyst will assist on all aspects of our insurance operations compliance and help develop key compliance processes vital to our success.
- Review and analyze state statutes, regulations, insurance department bulletins, etc. to determine impact and ensure adherence to filing and regulatory requirements
- Monitor regulatory and legislative changes, assess the business impact and develop necessary recommendations
- Advise, guide, and support the operational functions regarding compliance with laws, regulations, or standards related to servicing, underwriting, billing, sales
- Advise and guide Claims department with responses to consumer complaints
- Manage state regulatory requests, surveys, and general data calls
- Support and coordinate market conduct exams and inquiries
- Work in conjunction with the Compliance Manager to conduct audits to identify errors and monitor corrective actions and remediation plans
- Perform ad hoc compliance projects as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance compliance, or related industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and legal requirements related to operational functions in P&C personal lines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage many projects, different demands, and competing customers in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.