Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on
Openly is hiring a Senior Reporting Analyst to join the Operations team. This position will work closely with the Operations Leadership team to drive analysis across sales, agent service, claims, marketing, strategy and shared service functions. This position reports to the VP of Insurance Strategy & Operations and will help build Openly’s operational reporting from the ground up.
This role has three major components:
Monthly / Ongoing Reporting & Analysis
- Lead analysis to identify trends in monthly results across sales, agent service, claims, marketing, and shared services. Share performance drivers and provide recommendations to the Operations Leadership team.
- Lead and execute monthly expense reporting. Identify opportunities to optimize spend and share recommendations with their manager.
- Own KPI dashboards to monitor the impact of ongoing initiatives. Partner with initiative owners on recommendations to improve results.
- Partner with sales to design and implement dashboards to monitor performance. Review results on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations.
- Partner with marketing to design and implement dashboards to monitor effectiveness of various campaigns. Review results on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all operational results.
Planning & Forecasting
- Quantify ROI of various operations initiatives to support prioritization process, participate in planning discussions and provide recommendations.
- Execute the forecasting and planning process by designing and maintaining tools that project various growth scenarios based on operational KPIs.
- Design and implement staffing models to support hiring plans and capacity management related to projected growth.
Special Projects / Deep Dives
- Identify and execute deep dive analyses as trends arise in monthly operational results.
- Lead various ad-hoc analysis and projects directly supporting Operations Leadership.
- Partner with Product and Technology on data and reporting needs as applicable.
- Research and monitor industry/competitor trends and share findings with leadership as applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with 5+ years of professional experience in insurance reporting, analysis, and / or data management. Operational insurance reporting & analysis experience preferred (sales, service, marketing, claims, etc.)
- Advanced SQL skills and experience with BigQuery BI preferred.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and inquisitive, proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving skills with a proven ability to develop recommendations based on solid analyses that address the root cause and explain the impact to the business.
- History of teamwork and collaboration across various functions to identity opportunities and resolve challenges.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts and monthly remote stipend
- Fun, high-energy startup environment, remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.