Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
About this role:
Openly is looking for a Vice President of Customer Success to lead its Agent Experience and Customer Experience teams responsible for service delivery to Openly agent partners and policyholders. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this highly visible senior role will be responsible for overseeing the rapid expansion of the existing Agent Experience team while at the same time developing the organizational structure and strategy to launch its Customer Experience team in 2021. Openly's value proposition's core element is focused on maximizing the agent and customer experiences that are unique to the insurance industry This role will ensure that this focus is maintained as the organization expands through its extensive growth. Success in this role will require a balance between driving operational efficiency and flexibility to exceed our partners’ expectations.
More details on the role:
- Hire, coach, and lead the Openly customer success organization. This includes retaining talent and implementing processes designed to manage turnover effectively.
- Drives positive agent & policyholder experiences that create customer surprise and delight, building on insights and the voice of the customer.
- Create a new Customer Experience organization for Openly. This includes designing all critical business processes and hiring top-quality talent to staff the team.
- Lead the organization to consistently meet and exceed its efficiency metrics and net promoter score results.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities, implementing MVP solutions, and rapidly expanding & enhancing the solutions.
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer in cross-functional teams and senior leadership discussions.
- Partner with VP of Business Development to ensure that the existing agency experience continues to be industry-leading through effective continuous improvement of internal processes and seamless handoffs between the two organizations.
- Establish an annual business development budget and financial plan.
- Partner with the Data Strategy team to develop and implement key operational reports that quickly identify trends and provide insight into operational results.
- Partner with VP of Insurance Operations & Solutions to develop and implement robust workforce management & quality assurance programs across Customer Success functions.
- Act as the Openly Customer Success champion by maintaining a robust understanding of key industry trends, regulatory changes, and technology developments.
Core Requirements for this Role:
- 10+ years of customer success or CX experience with a track record of consistently exceeding operational targets. P&C insurance experience is a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years of customer experience leadership with increasing responsibility. In addition, a strong record of developing CX talent and maximizing organizational capabilities is required.
- The ability to coach and lead a remote, diverse workforce is critical.
- A passion for leadership, coaching, and developing talent.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- Track record of strategic planning and budgeting.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to identify critical opportunities, determine impact, and justify recommendations to the C-suite team.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Extremely comfortable operating with ambiguity and addressing complex business questions
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts, and monthly remote stipends
- Fun, high-energy startup environment, remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity, expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.