Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc. And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
With rapid growth comes an influx of revenue! Openly is looking to add a Billing Associate to our operations team. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with an interest in accounting or billing to work in a fast-paced team environment! The Billing Associate is responsible for ensuring that policy payments are received, processed and applied to the correct policy. This role will regularly interface with external stakeholders as well as multiple internal departments.
- Record check payments and refunds that have been deposited / credited with Openly.
- Execute accurate payment processing and crediting of customer accounts.
- Help ensure we collect on overdue policies via written communication with external stakeholders.
- Research unidentified payments, chargebacks, and refunds.
- Resolve billing issues including agent inquiries, customer inquiries, and operational issues from team members, policyholders and agents.
- Implement quality billing practices and procedures.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and communicate these opportunities to leadership.
- Assist with invoice generation and month-end close activities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 1 year of working experience, insurance experience is a plus
- Understanding of basic accounting principles. Accounting and/or accounts receivable work experience a plus
- A good command of Microsoft Excel. ERP software knowledge a plus
- Self-starter mentality with strong time-management skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities
- Customer centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k plus match, FSA benefits
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even prior to COVID restrictions
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.